Book online now!
We are so pleased to welcome our valued customers back to our restaurant & want you to have a wonderful time with us in our establishment
To ensure diner & staff safety please take note of the following house rules outlined below which must be passed on to all members of your booking party.
In attending your reservation you are accepting responsibility for having read and understood our house rules which are vital at this time for us to be able to provide a safe dining environment.
To be able to ensure the safety of our diners and of our team, any customers who do not adhere to the house rules will unfortunately not be able to dine with us. We kindly ask you to work with us so that we are able to continue to run our business and are able to provide our valued customers with a relaxing and enjoyable, yet safe and responsible dining experience at our restaurant, whilst protecting the safety of our team.
1. Do not enter if you feel unwell Or have a temperature or cough (we will be taking temperature checks upon arrival, if you have a temperature of 37.8oc or higher, you will be unable to dine with us and we will advise you to seek medical assistance)
2. Only enter if you have a reservation - Please reply to your booking confirmation email with the full names and contact numbers for all guests who are dining with your party. This information will be securely stored on our ResDiary booking system for 21 days and will not be accessible by any other team members.
If you wish to find out more details about the way we store your information, please get in touch
3. Wash your hands upon entering - there will be hand sanitiser upon entering the restaurant
4. Relax - Our entire service has been carefully adapted to ensure a COVID secure dining experience, we have removed all table decorations, candles, plants & linen napkins & will be providing place settings once you have ordered your food. All menus are in safe plastic cases which are disinfected after every use. We will be providing single use salt, peppers & sugars upon request.
5. Please cough in to your elbow, not hands
6. Do not walk over to talk to other tables (we know it's exciting to see our friends out and about but please respect other diners around you)
If you are dining with young children under the age of 12 please ensure that they are with an adult at all times and do not walk around the restaurant or visit the toilet by themselves
If you are dining & bringing a pram or require a high chair please let us know at time of booking so that correct spacing can be organised in advance.
7. We have a reduced menu and team members due to the current circumstances and to ensure that we can maintain safe social distancing requirements amongst the staff - thank you for your understanding
8. Please be mindful of keeping social distance from other diners & team members, especially when visiting the bathroom - one guest at a time, at busy times you may be asked to stay at your table and to wait for the front of house to let you know when it is OK to use the bathroom in order to avoid a queue.
9. Please pay by card, we will be accepting card payments ONLY & will ask you to sanitise your hands before using the card machine, with hand sanitiser available on every table.
10. Please be mindful, sensitive & respectful to each other, please do not make others feel uncomfortable & respect their space. We kindly ask that you do not make light of the current situation or question the procedures that we have put. All procedures are to ensure our customer's safety & to help them be able to feel safe when dining with us.
It is our intention for everyone to have a great meal with us and in adhering to these rules we are able to create and maintain a COVID secure dining environment for everyone to enjoy
Our commitment to customer health & safety
We have currently opened the booking system for tables to be 2m-1.5m apart
All team members will be wearing a face covering
All team members have been fully trained in our additional COVID secure cleaning measures
A full risk assessment has been carried out with additional protective measures put in place
Please note that due to the need to reduce customer contact & interaction we will only be using our high street entrance at 44 High Street. The Marine Drive entrance will be closed off to members of the public & will only be used for our Click & Collect food collection point.
Al Fresco Dining
We have a fantastic outside seating area which overlooks the beach & those famous Turner sunsets! Our terrace can be a truly special & memorable dining experience however, there is a small catch! Please note that due to the reduced number of covers we will not be able to hold you a table inside in case the weather changes. If you reserve an outside table in advance we will have everything crossed for you that the weather is good but of course this is out of our control & we can not guarantee that this will be the case. Please decide whether or not you still wish to sit outside on the morning of your reservation & contact us if you have changed your mind, so that we can try to find you an inside table, or can cancel your booking. We do have large parasols for each table which should weather a typical British summer light shower, but these will not be sufficient in very windy & rainy conditions. If you have booked a table outside & we are unable to serve food outside due to poor weather - your reservation will not be able to be upheld. Please bear this "weather risk" in mind when making a reservation on the terrace and keep an eye on the weather forecast.
Click & Collect
Not quite ready to dine with us in the restaurant?
We have also launched a click & collect takeaway "Beach Buoys" menu
Expect to see popular seafood classics such as lobster sub rolls, loaded fries & fish finger sandwiches which can be ordered & paid for easily online using our restaurant ordering page. This will be 100% contact free, you will select the date & time of your order & chose your menu items, safely paying in advance when checking out at home. Then when your food is ready head to our "Buoy Bike" food collection point at 17 Marine Drive where you can either park & open your boot or collect takeaway boxes at a safe distance from our FOH team member. Please follow our social media pages for our full "Beach Buoys" menu & for opening details
No shows & Cancellations
No shows are a major issue for independent restaurants, even more so since COVID-19 & the fact that we are having to make extensive changes to our business capacity - at this stage we do not wish to introduce a deposit scheme however if your plans change and you no longer need your table please just let us know! It is so simple just to pick up the phone & cancel your booking, please just do this if you no longer need your reservation. Due to no shows being an ongoing issue please also let us know if you are running late due to a late taxi etc, we will call every late table as soon as they do not arrive however we will only hold your table for 15 minutes after your booking time if we have not heard from you or we can not contact you. We ask you to please work with us in reducing/ removing the damaging affects of no shows to our family run restaurant & appreciate your understanding & co-operation on this
Please do not hesitate to get in touch if you have any questions & please do follow our social media pages for updates
Thank you for booking and we look forward to welcoming you soon